To apply to the Graphene NOWNANO CDT, please follow the instructions below, carefully. The online form is generic and is used for all postgraduate degrees, but the instructions below are designed to make the application process as simple as possible. In particular please note that you do NOT need to find a potential supervisor or provide a full research proposal when applying to the Graphene NOWNANO CDT - you will select your project after the 6 months initial training.
All applications must be made online via the Central University Application site.
- Once on the Central University Application site, select the apply online button and follow the instructions to register
- When prompted during the application process, select the following information:
Institution: The University of Manchester
Academic Career: Postgraduate Research
Mode of Attendance: Full Time
Programme Description: Search for either graphene or nanoscience, then select apply next to the CDT name
Start date: September 2020
Proposed Research/Research Title: CDT in Science and Application of Graphene and Related Nanomaterials
Special Study Options: Leave this blank
Academic References: Please direct your referees to email their completed reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home/EU students applying for a fully-funded studentship should enter the following in the main funding source box:
Awarding Body: Other Internal Funding Source
Award Status: Not Applicable
You may leave the other spaces in this box blank as well as the Second Funding Source and Third Funding Source boxes.
- International students enter the details of your funding in the boxes. We can only consider applications with evidence of secured funding; we are not able to give provisional offers that can be used for scholarship applications.
- Please upload the following documents:
- your CV
- degree certificates/transcripts
- a personal statement (no more than 500 words) describing why you wish to be admitted to the Graphene NOWNANO PhD programme
- English Language Certificate (if English is not your first language)
Please also email these documents directly to email@example.com.